GoYerbaMate.com is owned and operated by Itapua Trading Corp. Founded in 2001, GoYerbaMate.com has been an integral part of the yerba mate community with a rich history and an exciting future. GoYerbaMate.com has gained the reputation for outstanding service and commitment to customer satisfaction.
We started in a home office, moved to garage, then storage building and now a fully functional warehouse. In 2008 we merged with Itapua Trading Corp to form the largest yerba mate store on the internet.
- We import by container all the popular brands from Paraguay purchasing directly from most of the producers.
- We purchase directly from Las Marias in Argentina who is the largest yerba mate producer in the world. We also work with the best yerba mate importers in the US.
- By purchasing in container and pallet quantities we can provide our customers with the best prices.
- By selling in large quantities every month our inventory is always turning over, providing you with the freshest product possible.
- We respond to our product reviews, if a product drops below 4 stars it is removed from the site. Our store and product reviews are managed by outside providers, we cannot edit or delete them.
- We respond quickly to any issues as to our products or service, making sure you are completely satisfied.
I was an owner operator of a carpet cleaning business for over 20 years. The older I got the more difficult the job got. I started drinking energy drinks to get by. I found one that worked great and felt great so took a look at the ingredients. The one ingredient that made it different was "mate". Went online did some research and order my first bag (Guayaki). It came in a zip-lock bag and was pretty much dust and sticks and tasted like ceder (nothing like it does today). Hated the taste but still loved the effect, so I went back online and ordered some La Hoja and Taragui. I very quickly started buying it by the case, and was peddling it to friends.
In 2001 I started a little web site yerbamatecafe.com just as a hobby. It quickly became a dream to support myself by selling yerba mate online. After 12 years and several serious road bumps we became profitable.
In 2008, when the economy tanked, Tina and I partnered with Eduardo Florentin and Viviana Trociuk from Paraguay who founded GoYerbaMate.com in the US. With their help we have prospered.
Yerba Mate customers are the best. We are very grateful to all of them. We will continue to work hard to source quality products and accessories at the best prices.
Thanks for looking in.
Itapua Trading Corp